Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A little about Papa Bear




We adopted Bear back in 2006, at 16 months of age. I took him home for Mothers Day.
Bear has been the father to our past two litters.
I found him listed in a on-line newspaper. He was with a family with just to little space for him.
This is the description from the ad...
"Free to good home ~purebred Chocolate lab with papers
Highly energetic and lovable purebred chocolate lab with AKC reg. up for adoption. Approximately 89 pounds. Loves to be outdoors and to get lots of exercise. Serious inquiries only. House-broken and crate-trained. Please reply only if able to provide ample space and attention. Would make a great hunting dog with proper guidance."
I am very happy with him! He is a great dog and my baby! I received him as a Mothers Day gift and I turned out to be his mama... He thinks he is still a puppy and wants nothing more then to be on my lap. But he is pushing 90 some lb and is not really a lap dog.
But the word energetic from the above description fits him perfect! He will be 4 this winter but still acts like a pup.
The previous owners had him just a few short weeks and found there yard was just to small for him, he needed more room. I was told that they got him from a family that kept him on a chain. With an even smaller house and yard. They had hoped it would work with him. But he just wanted to run now that he was off chain. And needed more space.
We live out in the country and have lots of room for him. When I first got him home I only let him out on leash till he got to know us, our Yard and other dogs.
He and I bonded and soon he was off leash when outside. He was and still is VERY happy when outside in our yard free! And when out he runs and never walks...
He is just one happy~goofy Labrador!

No comments:

Post a Comment